Meet the team
Rev Jonathan Haigh
Pioneer Outreach Worker
The Victoria Hall was conceived and designed to bring the focus of the Wesleyan Mission into a new era. They planned the building not to celebrate the past, as a monument to old glories, but to set a precedent for the future commitment of the Methodist Mission to the cities.
When the Victoria Hall opened in 1908, George Mcneal, the minister, made a proclamation of intent. The Victoria Hall was to be.....
A great evangelical preaching centre;
The headquarters of a strong, vigorous and active Mission Church;
A house of mercy in the centre of the city with an ever open door;
A people's home, the social and religious centre of their thought and activity;
A rallying ground for all kinds of philanthropic and religious enterprise in the city.